Low Sugar Protein Smoothie Bowl
Protein is the secret to a supercharged metabolism because protein FEEDS lean muscle.
Lean muscle is responsible for a strong sexy posture and lean muscle burns 3 times as many calories at rest as fat does.
This means that the more lean muscle you have the more calories you burn…
If you want to get or stay lean you MUST make protein a priority. Here are 3 ways to do this every single day:
Step 1. Set a protein GOAL
To keep things very simple you should be aiming for just under 1 gram of protein per pound of desired bodyweight. So, for example if you currently weigh 150 pounds but your goal weight is 130 pounds — you should be aiming to hit about 120 grams of protein per day.
When deciding where to use your calories in a day make sure you always prioritize protein these means every single meal should include a high-quality lean protein — pick your protein first then look at your remaining calories for fat and carbohydrates.
Step 2. Two Shakes a Day
One of the best ways to prioritize protein is to get in the habit of drinking two protein shakes a day. One scoop of high-quality protein powder has around 25grams of protein that feeds lean muscle!
Step 3. Cook with it
Now if you follow step one you know that every meal should have protein as the priority… but there is one thing you may not have thought of.
Make your desserts protein rich! A good nutrition program plans for sweets and this is no different!
Don’t forget that a challenging and consistent exercise plan is half of the equation when it comes to losing weight, getting fit and feeling great! That’s where Outlaw FitCamp comes in…
We would love to pair you with a fitness coach. Together we will get you to your goals with our results-driven method.
Simply call or email today to set up your first workout.
Simple and easy protein smoothie bowl recipe:
Grab Your Ingredients:
- almond milk: swap out for regular milk or any of your favorite dairy-free options.
- frozen blueberries or any frozen fruit you like: using frozen berries helps thicken the smoothie and keep it cold.
- avocado: a great addition of healthy fats and fiber, and it doesn’t make the smoothie taste anything like avocado.
- ice: makes the smoothie frosty and adds volume.
- chia seeds: a great source of healthy omega-3s and thicken the smoothie’s texture.
- vanilla protein: any 30-gram scoop (roughly three tablespoons) adds delicious vanilla flavor and 15-20 grams of protein!
Prepare Your Smoothie Bowl:
In a high-speed blender, place the ingredients in the order listed and blend until smooth.
Transfer the smoothie into a bowl and top with your desired toppings. Grab a spoon and enjoy!
Grab Your Free Pass