Healthy Tacos For Taco Tuesday
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
Here’s what you need…
- 2lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 bell peppers (any color), thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (4oz) can green chiles, chopped (I use mild!)
- 1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16oz) jar green salsa
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped plus more for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Large lettuce leaves
- Avocado, sliced
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the lettuce leaves and avocado, in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Remove the chicken thighs, shred with a fork, and mix back in. Serve, using a slotted spoon, on the lettuce leaves. Garnish with sliced avocado, chopped cilantro and a sprinkle of fajita seasoning. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 202 calories, 6g fat, 589mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, and 20g protein.
Fast & Healthy Fish Tacos
- 1 pound Fresh Skinless Cod
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ cup Nonfat Plain Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 3 cups Shredded Cabbage Mix
- 4 Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Lime or Lemon to taste
- Rinse fish and past dry with paper towels. Cut fish crosswise into ¾ inch slices. Place fish in single layer in greased shallow baking pan. Combine coconut oil, cumin, and garlic powder. Brush over fish. Bake in a 450 degree oven for 4 to 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Combine the yogurt, vinegar and honey. Place the cabbage in a medium sized bowl. Combine the yogurt mixture with the cabbage until well blended.
- Spoon some of the coleslaw mixture into each tortilla; add fish slices. Squeeze fresh lime or lemon to taste. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 327 calories, 5g fat, 40g carbohydrate, and 26g protein.