Spicy Thai Chicken Zoodle Salad
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seed butter or your favorite nut butter
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- Juice from ½ lime
- Pinch of salt
- 1 medium zucchini, ends trimmed
- 1 small carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup leftover cooked chicken, shredded
- ¼ avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Make the dressing in a large bowl by combining the sunflower seed butter, sriracha, lime juice, and a pinch of salt. Whisk well to blend a thick sauce. Ta-dah!
- Now go grab your veggies and leftover cooked chicken from the fridge. Get your vegetable spiralizer and make your zoodles. (My new favorite spiralizer is The Inspiralizer, designed by Ali Maffucci. Of course, if you’re not going to make veggie noodles all the time, you can just buy an inexpensive julienne peeler or an Oxo handheld spiralizer.)
- Finish dicing and chopping your other veggies and herbs.
- Dump the raw zoodles into the bowl of dressing and add the julienned carrots and chicken. Toss well to combine.
- If you’re feeling fancy, transfer the salad to a clean bowl and top with cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado, green onions, cilantro, and toasted sesame seeds. Eat immediately. From nomnompaleo.com
Greek Zoodle Salad
- 2 zucchini
- 1/4 English cucumber, chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved, or more to taste
- 10 pitted kalamata olives, halved, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 ounces crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cut zucchini into noodle-shaped strands using a spiralizing tool. Place “zoodles” in a large bowl and top with cucumber, tomatoes, olives, red onion, and feta cheese.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper together in a bowl until dressing is smooth; pour over “zoodle” mixture and toss to coat. Marinate salad in refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.