Announcing FitCamp 2.0
We don’t need to tell you that the COVID-19 virus has affected almost everyone in one form or another. For one thing, it brought businesses and services to a screeching halt, including Jesse James Fit and Outlaw FitCamp. But people need good health and fitness now more than ever, and we’re very excited to announce that not only are we back open, but we’re better than ever before. We’re announcing FitCamp 2.0!
There will be a few silver linings from the recent quarantine. One of ours is that it gave us the chance to take a breath and think about what positive changes we could make for our members. We wanted to create an even safer workout environment with better fitness results, and that’s exactly what we’ve done!
We sincerely believe that Jesse James Fit and Outlaw FitCamp are now better than ever, and we think you’ll agree when you see the changes we’ve made. Our new practices are going to lead to safer and faster results. And these changes will be permanent. Long after COVID-19 is gone, we’ll still practice the safer workout procedures we’re implementing now.
Jesse James Fit and Outlaw FitCamp are proud to lead the industry in group fitness safety practices.
Our new normal
Here are some of the improvements you’re going to find at Outlaw FitCamp:
- Relocated equipment We’ve moved things! Every location has completely restructured their equipment layout to allow safe distancing from others.
- Minimum rotation Avoid touching someone else’s equipment before it’s been sanitized.
- Smaller class sizes Our Outlaw FitCamp classes will now have a maximum of 12 to 16 people per class (depending on square footage of each facility). This will allow for safer workouts and increased attention from our trainers.
- Personal space for workouts Every member will now have a 7’ by 11’ space for their workouts to maintain a safe distance from others in class.
- Changed rotation procedure Exercise rotations are now made with safe practices in mind, allowing less interaction with other class members and good sanitation practices for the equipment being used.
- Constant Sanitation of equipment Our Outlaw FitCamp equipment has never been cleaner! We will be doing constant sanitation on your exercise equipment—even during class. We are committed to keeping you safe while you’re at our facilities.
- Staff is fully trained in new procedures Our staff at all Outlaw FitCamp locations have been trained in these new practices.
How our new and improved classes will work
Our classes will work a little differently now, and these changes are going to improve the safety and effectiveness of your workouts.
Classes are now split in half. Half the members start on the aerobic side doing cardiovascular exercises, and the other half starts on the anaerobic side doing weight training exercises. One side is our Outlaw City area (named after cities like Tombstone, etc.) The other side is called the Outlaw side (named after infamous outlaws). In the middle of class, we’ll spray down the equipment as members switch sides. FitCamp will still be 30 minutes in length.
During class, everyone has 30-second active rests between sets. But now, this active rest period will vary from client to client, depending on their fitness goals. If a client is trying to lose weight, their active rest will be to keep moving. This can be by jumping in place, doing core exercises—anything that allows them to take a breather but keep moving. On the other hand, if a member is trying to gain muscle, his active rest can be getting some water or stretching. All different body types are in class, so the active rest period is now geared to each member individually.
For example, let’s say a husband and wife are in an Outlaw FitCamp class together. The husband wants to build muscle and the wife wants to lose weight. During their active rests between sets, the husband can choose to do some stretching, while the wife will keep moving to keep her heart rate up. We will help tailor active rest periods for each individual client.
Keeping you safe
We’re doing everything we can to make your workouts safe. Besides all the changes we’ve already listed, rest assured that we’re taking all sanitary precautions available. For example, we now provide hand sanitizer at each exercise station. While we aren’t requiring our members to wear a mask because they can be difficult to use while exercising, we will emphasize social distancing and constant sanitizing of equipment. And, as before, you can book your classes conveniently from home on our app.
Use one membership for everything
Are you familiar with our new Ultra Fit plan? It’s the perfect combination that many people need to get the results they’re seeking. It combines Jesse James Fit personal training with Outlaw FitCamp group classes in one membership. It really does give you the best of both worlds. Call us for details!
Health and Safety has always been our #1 priority
Even before COVID-19 hit the scene, Jesse James Fit and Outlaw FitCamp have always been focused on the health and safety of our staff and clients. This commitment is why our trainers receive employee health benefits and are actually employed by us—they’re not just contract employees like at many workout facilities. Interested in trying your first class free? Find a location near you to get started, contact us today.