- Instructors do receive a certification, but the process is much quicker and simpler than that of personal trainers.
- The emphasis of instructors is mostly on aerobic, cardio-based workouts.
- Instructors are required to have very little anatomy training or knowledge in exercise science.
- Instructors are trained to run fitness classes, bodyweight aerobics classes, etc. A portion of their certification is learning music tempo and how to design class to the beat of a song.
Certified personal trainers
- Certified personal trainers (PTs) have extensive knowledge and training in exercise science, anatomy, and safety in movements.
- The primary focus of certified PTs is to help you reach your personal fitness, weight, and/or health goals. They work on specific goals for individuals.
- Certified PTs can guide you to results from wherever you are in your journey, as they’re trained to work with everyone from beginners to athletes. They’re able to help clients with special needs or restrictions. They do not work on a one-size-fits-all fitness plan. Many at Outlaw FitCamp advance their certification to specialise in a certain area like sports performance or seniors.
- Besides tailoring a personal exercise program for you, certified PTs are also able to guide results through goal specific meal plans. Personal Trainers require some nutrition knowledge and can make nutrition recommendations to help clients reach their goals or to help compliment workouts.
- To reach your goals overall health is important. Certified PTs can address stress levels, sleep quality, and other areas they may see as a stumbling block.
- Certified PTs will always conduct a health and fitness assessment before beginning a personalized plan.
- Certified PTs provide constant and close supervision so that risk of injury and exercise fatigue is limited.
- A certified PT won’t just develop an exercise program for you and then let you go at it for weeks on end. They’ll tweak the program as you progress, to keep you more quickly moving toward your goals.
- Certified PTs can even work on psychology and behavioral changes in order to keep you motivated and feeling positive about your workouts. This is critical for long-term change, as results never happen overnight.
Jesse James Fit and Outlaw FitCamps hire only the best certified personal trainers
At Outlaw FitCamp, we hire only certified personal trainers to work with our clients. We hire the best of the best, and then we train them in our proven methods. But we don’t stop there—we give them a great work environment, adjustable salary tiers and health insurance, so they become long-term employees. Many of our trainers have been with us for years!
Share this Post